Thursday, August 4, 2011

Announcing....

L.C. I can't even begin to tell you guys how excited I am to have Lisa Flaus with us today on the August Authorpalooza! Her book "2012 The Final Revelation" is one of my all time favorites! Welcome, Lisa!





L.F. Thanks for having me :)

L.C. Can you give us a brief synopsis of your book as well as what genre it falls into?

L.F. "2012 The Final Revelation’s" genre is a mystery with an underlying love story.

The story follows two people transformed by a cataclysmic event, their lives intersecting in mystery and tragedy. When Andrew Cunningham, an American archaeologist, discovers a rare Maya Codex in a tomb near the ruins of Palenque, puzzling details of what will occur on the last day, the fifth and final age, begin to unfold.

Andrew begins a journey of discovery, researching the end-times from historical, biblical and scientific perspectives.



 
L.C. Your book is truly something to be proud of. What, would you say, has been your greatest triumph as an author?

L.F. I have two greatest moments. I can’t choose between them. Firstly, I have to say, after six years writing, holding the book in my hand for the first time was a dream come true. Secondly, seeing so many five star reviews on Amazon means the book is being well received. Eeeek, so exciting and a triumph every time I see a new one go up :)

L.C. Those 5 star reviews sure feel good, don't they? Okay…random question… If you were stuck on a desert island with one of your characters, who would you want it to be, and why?

L.F. Can I also be a few years younger on that island? If so, it would have to be Andrew Cunningham, my main character. He’s intelligent, would have very exciting stories to tell and, to top it all off, he is such a honey!

L.C. He is a bit of a hottie! So if a big time Hollywood producer came along and said he/she wanted to turn 2012 into a movie, who would you cast as Andrew? As Kathryn?

L.F. A picture, (or two), is worth a thousand words!

 Timothy Olyphant as Andrew!

Keira Knightley as Kathryn!


L.C. Speaking of movies, what is your favorite flick of all time?

L.F. I have to say the Lord of the Rings trilogy are my favourite movies. Of course it helps that my fellow New Zealander, Peter Jackson (my hero), was the director! I also love The Sixth Sense. This was a movie with an ending that I was not expecting. I love that in a book too, something different and original. You don’t know what is going to happen. I tried to create that in my own story.

L.C. I, for one, think you succeeded. :o) How long have you been writing? Have you always known that you wanted to write?

 L.F. I’ve always been an avid reader and have a pretty vivid imagination myself. I used to write poems/songs when I was a child so have always loved writing. It wasn’t until a few years ago I thought I’d try to write a novel. I decided I wouldn’t even do a short story, I’d jump right in and attempt the really hard thing, a novel! If you’re going to do something, why not make it a real challenge. ;-)

 
L.C. Absolutely, and do you have any strange habits or rituals when you write? (Just in case that challenge ever gets to be too much, ya know).

 
L.F. Once I’m in the throws of writing I can easily shut myself away from the world. I write in silence. I usually have the television on, sound off. I know a few writers who listen to music but it would distract me and I would sing and dance so I prefer to work in the quiet. I have a writing desk but I sometimes sit cross-legged on the floor.

 
L.C. What do you like to do when you're not writing?

 
Sleep! *chuckles* I have a full time job as a Process Development Manager so I write after work and weekends. When I’m not writing, I like to catch up with friends and family. At the moment I am promoting my book while working on the sequel. I’ve only done five chapters so far but I’m still on schedule and it’s been lovely to take a break from writing.

 
L.C. Can't wait for the sequel! Just for fun, where is the most exotic or strange place you've ever traveled to?

 
L.F. In my imagination I’ve travelled 1300 years, back in time to Palenque and lived with the Maya. In real life, I’ve been to many beautiful places like the UK, Greece, Spain, Paris, Rome, Germany, USA but, possibly Venice was my most exotic and magical.

 
L.C. I really gotta get out more! Okay, so last, but not least, SELL IT! Tell us why we should read "2012 The Final Revelation". (Knock our socks off!)

L.F. If you want to know more about this 2012 craze then my book is for you! My main character, Andrew Cunningham does not believe in the end times. I believe this makes him very believable as a character. The story tells of his journey to uncover information about the Maya, the Maya Calendar and all the myths and legends surrounding that infamous end date, 21st of December, 2012.

I’ve tried really hard to create a unique telling of a familiar story about the end of mankind, so it’s not your typical end times, doom and gloom story. The event that occurs is also very unique, not a comet strike, plaque or volcanic eruption. The book is full of factual information, discovery, action, sadness and has an underlying love story. It has something for everyone.


Thank you so much, Lisa, and everyone, check out this wonderful book right away! And don't forget to show your support and leave your comments! 

     Lisa Flaus is a native of New Zealand. She has lived in London and travelled the world, including France, Germany, Spain, Greece, Australia and the USA. Now living and working in Auckland, she has spent six years researching and writing 2012 The Final Revelation, her first novel. Lisa is currently at work on a sequel. 
     Visit her at http://www.lisaflaus.com/ or follow her on twitter @lisaflaus

No comments:

Post a Comment