Monday, September 19, 2011

New Fun on This Old Blog!

First and foremost, I'd like to welcome the following awesome new blog followers: HEIDI, METALLIFAN15, KATHLEEN, JOLENE AND HER LOVELY FAMILY, and SARAH!!!  Thanks to all of you for coming along for the ride!!!

Now then....

You may, (or may not) have noticed that I have been shamefully absent for the last couple of weeks. I could ramble off a long list of reasons, (and/or excuses) as to why, but who has time for that, really? The gist of it is, I was afraid that if I did post, I'd just be blah-ging!

Blah-ging, you ask? Yes...blah-ging. You see, blah-ging is not the same as blogging. Blogging is posting what you hope to be helpful, entertaining or constructive information on a blog, whereas blah-ging is posting ANYTHING just so you can say, "Hey, I posted today." Blah, blah, blah-didy blah....

But wait...there's more! In addition to my fear of turning into a droning blah-ger,  I have to admit it. I've become SICK to death of reading my own posts! Does anyone else agree that I come across like a caffeine-jacked cheer captain? It's okay. You can say it! I won't be offended! What it boils down to is this: I don't want to hear from me anymore, (and maybe you don't either); I want to hear from YOU!!!

So, here's my idea. This is a blog for books, authors, and readers, right? So let's talk about YOUR books, YOUR fave authors, and what YOU like to read. I'm going to post a "Question of the Week" each Monday and invite YOU, the blog followers, Twitter friends, and Facebook buds of AWESOMENESS to respond. This should be entertaining and enlightening for all of us, and (most importantly) you won't have to subject yourself to my sorry posts for a while!

Please, oh please, oh please, (do you get that I'm begging here?) check back often and join in the mayhem by answering questions and leaving your feedback. Or, if you have a question you'd personally like answered, let me know that as well!  

Thanks a bunch everybody and stay tuned...today's question will be coming in just a bit! Let's have FUN with this, shall we? With your help we can find a cure, and put an end to mindless blah-ging forever!

2 comments:

  1. If it's a book I know I will probably like, or if I'm hooked by the sample, I would be willing to occasionally pay up to $12.99 or so. The vast majority of the ebooks I buy are between free and 9.99 though. I guess I've never really understood the mindset that judges books entirely by price. Lots of .99 books are better written and more enjoyable than lots of 9.99 ones. My budget usually prevents me from buying every book I want to right away, but I almost never disqualify a book based on price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phaeton... I quite agree. I've read some AMAZING free books on my Kindle, and paid 7 or 8 dollars for some I couldn't even get through! I initially priced my ebooks at $3.99 because I felt like I was admitting they were sub-par if I went lower, but your absolutely right! There's really no way to judge the quality of book based on the price. This has got me seriously re-thinking my pricing strategy...hmmmmm

    I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and hope to hear from you often!

    Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete